Friday, April 8, 2016

Abu Dhabi, Here We Come...

So, I've decided to take a job in the United Arab Emirates, specifically Abu Dhabi.


This was a big decision that was made in a split second. I saw posts on a group I belong to on Facebook. I saw the same post 3 different times. I must admit; it made me curious. So I started researching. I have always thought about teaching in Japan. I've always wanted an opportunity to travel the world and learn about other cultures. However, I thought I'd missed my "prime time." Seeing these posts gave me hope. I got downright excited when I realized there were places in the world that would pay for my family (husband-no kids, yet) to come with me. Then, I started realizing that I could make enough money to get completely out of debt! Who wouldn't want that?

Over Christmas break, I took the plunge and applied with the full support of my then fiance. Within a few days of completing my application, I had a phone interview. I was invited to an in-person interview (IPI) at the end of the call.

My IPI was scheduled for February 10, 2016. I went, I interviewed, and apparently, I conquered because a month later I received an offer letter.

On March 19, 2016, Kevin and I got married. Now I can officially take him with me (it is illegal to cohabitate in the UAE).

If you want more info check out TeachAway

I'll be back with more as I press forward through this journey.




Happy Days! -Ashley

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Ashley. I ❤ it.
    See you in the Sandbox.
    LaTonya White

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you; I'm glad you enjoyed it. See you in the Sandbox!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I see our curiosity began at the same place - Facebook! Congratulations on both your marriage and job offer. God willing I'll be going to Abu Dhabi as well in August. Best of luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete