Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Now comes the wait...

I recently received the following email.

Well, now the waiting game begins. From what I understand the folks who were supposed to leave in January are still waiting to leave. The UAE created a new law that went into effect in January 2016. This new law altered the way visas are processed causing HUGE delays (I'll post the link when I find it). The Jan 16 group has recently received emails stating that they will not leave their home countries until August 2016 at the earliest. Yikes!!! People who have left in previous years report that the last group of teachers leave in November each year. 

For those of us who are Aug 16 hires, we're extremely nervous about the impending delays we could face. Some folks have decided not to resign until they have tickets in hand. However, some don't have that luxury. I, like so many others, have to give notice. So, most everyone from the 2015 group recommended the following options: 
1. Don't resign until you have flight tickets and visa in hand. 
Or 
2. Work part-time or sub or both until you get your Golden ticket. 

I'm leaning toward option 2 as I don't want to leave on bad terms or burn any bridges. 

Basically, have a plan one way or the other. As I get more information, I'll update you. 

Happy days!
Ashley 




No comments:

Post a Comment