Thursday, July 14, 2011

Behavior Management

Greetings, 
Today's topic stems from The Organized Classroom Blog Facebook Fan page. The question of the day focuses on managing student behavior. 


In my classroom, I use responsibility logs. I have a binder with a tab for each student. I assign numbers to students so I never have to replace the tabs from year to year. In each tab, students have a log.  Students have to sign the log when they make poor behavior choices. There is a consequence for each time a student signs his/her log. The log requires the student to write a brief description of what they did wrong. During class, I simply say sign the log. The student has to then figure out what poor choice he/she made. I send the sheet home at the end of the week for the parents to see and sign.

Responsibility Log






My reward system is a team building competition. Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition, right? Super teams is what I call it. Students are organized into teams where they can earn points toward prizes. Teams can earn points by working cooperatively during class and doing well on tests. This helps ensure students are ring responsible for their learning. It also fosters some interesting educational conversations amongst my students. 

Roles of Cooperative Learning[1]Poster for Super Teams[1]Cooperative Grouping Strategies






Cooperative Grouping Strategies
Poster for Super Teams
Super Teams Roles
Responsibility Log




Happy Blogging!


Happy Days! -Ashley

7 comments:

  1. Popping by to say Hi. You were spotlighted in my Blog Mix Linky Party.

    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ashley! Thanks for linking up to the grade level linky party. You linked up to the preschool section, but I'm going to move you down to the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade section. Hope that's ok! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your idea of giving students numbers instead of writing their names in the behavior binder...I think I might just do the same! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ M.E.- It has truly saved my life and money. Imagine all the things you label with student names. Now I just put numbers on them and use them from year to year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥ your ideas! I am going to feature them on my page.
    http://thoughtsofateacher-lvrana.blogspot.com/

    Lisa V. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't stop by a fellow teacher/blogger's site and not say hello and thank you!! I enjoyed reading your posts and gathered up a few great tips! The student number one works for me, even though I teach multiple sections. Will implement it on Monday! Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my blog too: yoursmarticles.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete